Do You Meditate?

Forums Wellbeing Do You Meditate?

Keymaster
    GB
    I was speaking to Dom Morris, Saracens rugby player, about the power of mindfulness, and how important it is for him to switch off from training. I mentioned how I have used it (Headspace.com) , but struggle to keep consistency with it, even if it is just 5 minutes a day. I KNOW it makes a difference, there are many ways to meditate, it is important to switch off from time to time…

Have you tried it or would you consider it ? If yes/no why?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      none
      I too use headspace, especially for falling asleep at night, but like you I wouldn’t say I practice meditating enough. I have however, since lockdown began in March, started incorporating things such as yoga to help ground me. I also am a huge advocate for manifestation. Thinking positively and vocalising / writing down things you want to achieve I believe is really powerful and a way to visualise success without placing overwhelming pressure on yourself 🙂
      Haydock
      CG
      I’ve always loved meditation and incorporated it into my life whether it be dealing with stress, preparing for exams or just resetting. In sport I’ve found it helps me a lot pre training to have a good awareness of my body and the level I can perform at. I do it before sessions I want to get the best out of myself for and it usually works.

I tried to step up this tactic for competitions and found instead of clearing my mind I was filling it with more pressure and expectation. I won’t knock it! For some manifestation is a great tool to find the zone. I’d be wary for people like me who perform better without pressure though, as meditation can amplify your anxiety if not done with intent to soothe rather than to boost performance. For me, meditation allows me to find and enjoy the present and is an important part of my life in and of itself.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial
error

Enjoy the content? Please spread the word :)