Dealing with injuries from a mental perspective

Forums Wellbeing Dealing with injuries from a mental perspective

Being injured is hard, we have all been there. It really sucks when you can’t train or compete, but how do you actually deal with it mentally?
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Replies
      joe
      Keymaster
      GB
      I have found myself to be injured a fair bit during the season in my career, I remember my first proper injury happening the session after I represented GB Juniors for the first time. I tore my hamstring, it was no fun. But I used that desire and fuel i had gained from getting selected for my country in my rehab and came back pretty strongly.

It was hard mentally, sure, but it was an important lesson to learn at such and age. You either win or you learn.

runner18
        Participant
        GB

joe: I have found myself to be injured a fair bit during the season in my career, I remember my first proper injury happening the session after I represented GB Juniors for the first time. I tore my hamstring, it was no fun. But I used that desire and fuel i had gained from getting selected for my country in my rehab and came back pretty strongly.

It was hard mentally, sure, but it was an important lesson to learn at such and age. You either win or you learn.

This is a tough one to take, I got injured a few times and it lead to me contemplating my involvement in the sport. I love seeing people bouncing back from injuries!

Viewing 0 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial
error

Enjoy the content? Please spread the word :)