Best Place You Have Performed?

Forums Sport Best Place You Have Performed?

Keymaster
    GB
    Where is the best place you have played your sport in the world? For me, it has to be Oordegem, Belgium, the energy is incredible. It is usually really hot and the track is RAPID!
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      theathleteplace
      Keymaster
      GB
      Another worthy contender for me is the iconic Gateshead Stadium, Gateshead (obviously). Home to some of the best athletics events in the world, such as a world record from Asafa Powell in the 100m. It was freezing cold both times I have raced there, as you would expect in the North East, but I am unbeaten there – to me, this is pretty cool.
      theathleteplace
      Keymaster
      GB
      For athletics Bedford can be VERY hit and miss, and by that I mean, -14 headwinds and torrential rain or +2.0s all over the gaff with 32-degree heat on your back, BLISS!

Personally, I had my best ever weekend in the sport there. U17 Nationals, I won the 400m Hurdles in a pretty decent 52.88s (plus I got a fluffy lion teddy bear called Leonard)

Anyone else had any unreal experiences there? Or some shockers?! Like when I faceplanted in my first Senior National Final

danielrees
      Participant
      GB
      Best Answer
      Bedford was a happy hunting ground for me for a bit but then I had a few bad performances there so that one is scored off the list…

I try not to think about it too much in case I start telling myself “I won’t run well there”

I really enjoyed competing at Birmingham even though I never had any stand-out performances in the Second City

Loads of people seem to really love Geneva though?! It has long bends so meant to be good for 200m / 400m / 400m H. I’ve never competed abroad so this thread is starting to tempt me haha

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by danielrees.
      joe
      Keymaster
      GB

danielrees: Bedford was a happy hunting ground for me for a bit but then I had a few bad performances there so that one is scored off the list…

I try not to think about it too much in case I start telling myself “I won’t run well there”

I really enjoyed competing at Birmingham even though I never had any stand-out performances in the Second City

Loads of people seem to really love Geneva though?! It has long bends so meant to be good for 200m / 400m / 400m H. I’ve never competed abroad so this thread is starting to tempt me haha

Geneva looks insane doesn’t it! I really wan’t to go in that river everyone goes in after haha –  not to mention Switzerland being the best country in the world…

Sam
      Participant
      none
      Racing down the high street in Stockton has to be the best place I’ve ever competed. It might not have been the most scenic but having the crowd right next to you for the whole 100m gave it an energy that you won’t find in any stadium.
      joe
      Keymaster
      GB

Sam: Racing down the high street in Stockton has to be the best place I’ve ever competed. It might not have been the most scenic but having the crowd right next to you for the whole 100m gave it an energy that you won’t find in any stadium.

this is awesome, i have always loved watching the street races. I watched one in a Horse Guards Parade, London and met the legendary Kim Collins after his race!

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial
error

Enjoy the content? Please spread the word :)